Records and Reporting
Since 2008 Granada has ceased to use paper as a means of recording and supplying information. All documentation completed by our engineers on‐site is carried out in electronic format on handheld tablets. This includes but is not exclusive to:
- Risk Assessments and Work Permits (RA)
- Site Time Records (STR)
- Planned Preventative Maintenance Reports (PPM)
- Reports of Thorough Examination
- Ladder Log’s
- Load Test Reports
Digital records and reporting have many key benefits over traditional methods, including:
- No use of paper which is good for the environment.
- All documents are saved electronically so they cannot become lost.
- Legibility – by having typed documents the information is always clear and unambiguous.
- Large amounts of data can be stored on a computer hard drive instead of in multiple filing cabinets.
- When specific information is required it can be quickly found and accessed in pristine condition.
Once the records and reporting document in question has been completed there is an option for it to be signed by an authoritative person in the case of STR’s and Risk Assessments or the engineer completing the report in the case of PPM Reports and Reports of Thorough Examination. When the signed document is finished it is automatically sent to an email address of the customer’s choice and saved against the unique job reference on the Granada system where it can also be accessed via our Nexus system over the internet.